Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Why My Aislinn?

Aislinn is a Celtic name meaning a dream, vision, inspiration. I found this an appropriate name for my literature blog because I find literature to provide you with all those characteristics present in the name. I enjoy most kinds of literature :p and most inspire me in some way, encourage me to dream, or provide me with a vision of something I have never encountered before. Literature is a way of experiencing the world as I never knew, or will ever know it. 
I chose a celtic name because Ireland fascinates me. It's history and folklore is so engaging and the scenery is beautiful. It also appeals to me because of their reputation in the horse world of producing fantastic sport horses. I ride horses and compete in what is called 3-day-eventing, which is like a horse triathlon, and someday I hope to live there for a few years and learn from some of the best. That is my dream, they are my inspiration, hopefully my vision comes true. This connection to my dream and such a big part of my life is my reason for choosing a celtic name as part of my blog title.

No comments:

Post a Comment